Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tortilla Soup

I love tortilla soup! This has little to no spiciness and it could definitely use some. I didn't have any fresh tomatoes so I just used a 1/4 can of chopped tomatoes. Could use a few more, but it tastes divine like this. I served this with 2 baked potatoes. I couldn't decide if I wanted a plain potato or one smothered. So I had both. But I became full after that bowl of soup, so I didn't eat much more of the potatoes. LOL The cheeze is from yesterday's recipe and the salsa is just Pace. It's what I had on hand. I hash tagged it #realfoodnotfake cause its all real.




1 tomato
1 celery stalk
6 baby carrots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Better than Bullion 
1 1/2 taco seasoning
2.5 cups of water
1  cup corn, thawed if frozen
2 baked no oil tortillas broken up
A couple sprigs of cilantro, cut in small bits.
1 cup of black beans. 

Put first 7 ingredients into blender jar. I have a vitamix and it works great. Blend on high for about 5-7 minutes. Once hot, slow blender to slowest setting and add remaining ingredients and blend for about 10-15 seconds. Pour and eat at once. 



No comments: