Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Roasted red pepper artichoke heart dip


I love dips. Who doesn't. Now that I realize that I like red peppers, I needed to find a couple of dips that had them in it. This one fits the bill perfectly. It is low calorie and of course oil free. The original recipe calls for tahini, which I still list, but I don't put it in. The recipe originates from Susan V. She has some excellent recipes on her site. Every one we have tried we have loved. Her site is
http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/

1 14 ounce can of water packed artichoke hearts
1/2 cup roasted red peppers (from a jar)
1-2 cloves garlic, I grate mine (these can get very strong and hot as they sit)
1 T tahini, optional (I didn't add)
1/8-1/4 white pepper, try 1/8 first it makes it hot too
salt to taste

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth or desired consistency. I left mine a little course as I like it a little more intact. Serve as a dip for fresh veggies like carrots, peppers, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cut cucumber, or stuff into a pita with crisp lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers.

The picture above was a snack. I was quite full for some time after eating this.

No comments: